Sunday, May 18, 2014

Birthday in Lake Nakuru NP

My #ibmcsc Kenya colleagues treated me to a nice birthday celebration here at the Sarova in Lake Nakuru National Park.  It was definitely a special one. It started last night when just after turning the lights out I hear my roommate for the night Raghu rustling around then lighting a match. I thought either he's taken up smoking or he's lost his mind and is about to burn down the house! Neither was the case - he had surprised me with a small birthday cake and candles. What a nice gesture and a great way to start my birthday.
Some of my CSC Kenya teammates and I atop Mount Longonot




The rest of the group and the staff at the Sarova served up a nice chocolate cake and some songs at 930am after our early morning game drive. I sat out the second game drive and sat by the pool...can't say it was a bad choice:)


1 comment: